Enter your email address to get updates straight to your inbox:

Monday, September 01, 2008





I can't wait for the day this little man will let me cut and style his hair! Until then, I'll have to be content just shampooing it. :)

Hope your labor day weekend was nice. It's sad to see summer go but I welcome the change that the fall will bring. Speaking of change, things are different for me at the salon. I have moved my station! You may not think this is a big deal but for those of you who work at a desk, cubicle or office imagine if you moved locations. The change of environment can be very scary. Fortunately, it's been a very good thing. I love my new spot and felt at home there the moment I moved! I'm in front of a window now so there is a nice view of the trees in the reflection of my mirror, I am tucked away so I am not in the middle of salon traffic but at the same time I am not TOO tucked away so I feel like I am still part of the salon's atmosphere. I hope you'll like my new spot as much as I do.

What else is new? Well, I am looking into investing in a great digital SLR camera. I had it narrowed down to a Canon XSi or a Nikon D80 but now I just found out Nikon is discontinuing the D80 so I am back to square one. It's been so hard to decide since all I really know is that I want to take a great picture! All the other details are somewhat confusing to me but I'm willing to learn all about ISO and aperture. If you have any opinion or advice email me. I really appreciate any feedback or input.
Of course I want the camera to take photos of my family but I want to also have great before and after hair shots for my website. If interested, let me know. We can have some fun with a big or small change to your cut and/or color!

BACK TO DONNA HARRIS ONLINE

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna. I don't think you can go wrong with either Nikon or Csnon. Both will give you great pictures! Just decide how much you want to spend and pick it that way.

Cassie said...

Donna,
I have a Canon and I love it! I can adjust shutter speed for the "artsy" pics and there are a variety of other settings for the perfect shots of my family!! Hope this helps!

Cassie said...

P.S. - Roman is quite a looker!! He has the best smile and his eyes are just beautiful! Good work! :)