Enter your email address to get updates straight to your inbox:

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Where did the year go? I can't believe that Thanksgiving is this week!
Now the whirlwind of the Holidays can REALLY begin! I refuse to shop for Black Friday, though. It seems in the years past that the super-low doorbusters weren't worth the extra trouble. One year we got up at 2 am just for $3 memory cards for our digital camera. Now we have a ton of those memory cards scattered throughout the house. The problem is, they are nice to have but they are only 1GB. I am always switching them out and trying to keep track of the ones I've recently filled. If you know me and taking pictures, I NEED the extra memory space. It would have been much more prudent to just buy one 4GB memory card and be done with it!
I also remember going to Best Buy that same day and saw a CD I wanted on sale for $7. When I went looking for the beginning of the checkout line, people were constantly telling me to keep going. I saw a sea of arms gesturing back. As I continued to walk through the store, following this long winding line of people, I realized that the checkout line was literally the length of THE ENTIRE STORE! Not worth it for a $7 Justin Timberlake CD.
Black Friday or not, enjoy this week! I hope you get stuffed with a ton of comfort food and are surrounded by the ones you love!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought the new Maroon 5 cd on Black Friday. It wasn't on sale, but I had a gift card from my birthday and wanted to try something new. It was okay, but I felt a little weird listening to it. It's almost like Maroon 5 is the new Boy Band of this generation, like N'SYNC was about 10 years ago. Some of the songs are catchy, but I might feel embarrassed if someone caught me listening. Is this normal?